Pure IP, end-to-end system built on two primary components:
- Base stations deployed by a network operator, similar to cellular services
- Wireless modems or PC cards that customers use with existing Internet appliances, such as a notebook
Reasons to choose iBurst
- iBurst offers the speed of DSL in a mobile environment. Thanks to frequency interference reduction, users obtain stable speeds that are faster than other mobile Internet offerings
- iBurst is portable and can be used across a wide area with a single base station. It is distinctive in that its handover capabilities allow users to move freely between base stations, broadening the range of activity.
- The system is built on an IP base for simplicity, allowing a network to be established quickly and at relatively low cost. iBurst operates in a regulated environment in South Africa and is one of six licensees currently allowed to offer telecommunications services.